Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Worth fighting for?

I was driving home from school today listening to a CD by Church of the Harvest in OKC called Beautiful Price. In the title track is a lyric that says "I'll fight for those who don't know the truth" This got me to thinking...do I fight hard enough?...what do I consider "worth" fighting for?...when it comes down to it will I be willing to put up a fight?

We spend a lot of our time fighting, we fight traffic, the urge to do things we know we shouldn't, we fight with other people for parking, places in line, or shoes that are on sale. Is it really worth it to expend that much energy fighting? And would you fight just as hard to help some one see the truth of Jesus Christ, as you would to make them see that their ideas about who should be the next President are completely wrong?

So how do we know when to fight? What if we turn people off by pushing too hard? The Bible says to go unto ALL the earth. Satan doesn't want to see this happen. Do you think he is sitting around like "well I better not push people to hard, they might get offended" Probably Not!! We are in a constant battle for those who don't know God. It is our duty as the church to stand up and fight for the lost.

What can we do? I don't know any secret spiritual kung fu. (Anybody know a ninja?) ;) What I do know is that the Lord's word is a mighty weapon, and the power of prayer is unmistakable. God has given us all the tools we need to go to battle. Learning His word...that is something I am going to work on. I already know how to pray, so I will. The Bible says to pray without ceasing. Literally, with every breath, I will pray for those around me.

This world and the people in it may seem beyond reach, but the person next door is not. Maybe you have tried to talk to them, even invited them to church, and you've been turned away.

Do you know someone worth fighting for?
Don't give up, FIGHT. Keep fighting. God will prevail.

~Heather Reedy
We can do no great things,
only small things with great love -Mother Theresa

No comments: